


So I headed off to the gym on Monday the 18th of August at 5:30 am and encounter a giant Ford F250 crew cab at an intersection very near my house and the poor guy doesn't see me in little Black beauty (aka the Sentra) and decides to peal out because he is late for work and I slam on my brakes and slam into the side of him! It was a wreck to be proud of! Both airbags deployed the windsheild broke, the hood was bent in half and the radiator pushed up into the block! I thought I might go under him so I braced for impact and turned my head which ended up being a good thing, because I really didn't end up with any serious injuries, just bumps and bruises. But the poor car did not fare so well. She was a total loss of course since she is now 13 years old. Hard to believe that it was so long ago that I bought her. She ended up with 287,000+ miles on her and we were planning a party when she hit 300,000 but it wasn't meant to be. Both Randy and I are a little sentimental since she was our first new car. We have begun the super rotten job of car shopping, but we're so thankful that McKell and Dave left Belle (short for Beluga Whale) here for us to store for them because it is buying us time to figure out what we want to do next! We are a family that names our cars did you notice? Kind of a funky little tradition but definitely not a new one. My first car was named Libby, we had a blue family car named Lucinda, my aunt had a car named Zoe the list goes on and on.




1 comment:
OUCH! It sounded bad when you told me about it, but after seeing your smushed car, it makes me hurt. I am so glad you werent' badly hurt. I giggle every time you talk about the beluga whale. What is your Mitsubishi's name? I didn't know you named your cars.
Post a Comment