Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it snow! Let it snow!
















We are supposed to be leaving for Bear Lake this afternoon, but a giant snowstorm has come in promising 20 inches in the mountains so we are going to have to delay a day. The kids are so excited about leaving so when we broke the bad news some tears were actually shed. Especially when we informed Taysom she would have to attend a full day of school today instead of being checked out early! I myself am a little relieved because there is still a mighty list of things I have to complete before heading out. Not the least of which is another trip to Walmart! What did I do with my time exactly when there was no Walmart 4 miles from my door? How did I manage without 3 weekly trips? Randy and I stayed up wrapping gifts until 1am and that is when I discovered another trip to Walmart was in order. The last time we went to Bear Lake for Christmas we just kept saying how nice it was that everything was done once we got up there. All the groceries, presents, everything had to be done ahead of time. What I quickly forgot was the massive headache getting everything done ahead really is! Today the house looks like a bomb went off! There are clothes strewn across the house, half done loads of laundry in the washer, folding chairs and tables propped against walls from last night's Garside Family Christmas Party, dirty dishes from same party, and wrapping paper, tape and scissors just about everywhere you look! Yes, I believe that snowstorm came just in time. It may have bought me a few more hours to restore my sanity and make it so I won't dread returning to this place in a week. Let it snow! Ok, after we had arrived it really was a fun trip! We had tons of fun playing in the snow and playing on the Wii and swimming and just being together. It was a great Christmas!

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

Sounds like you have been busy! I was wondering if you had gotten on your way before the snow hit. I still think you are amazing to pack up all of Christmas and take it to Bear Lake. I wouldn't know where to begin packing. Have a Merry Christmas!

Brady&Wendy said...

So Hilary... I'm sure you have some thing new...