Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Freaky First Snow






We really had no idea when we went to bed Saturday night that we would wake up to a Winter Wonderland! The weatherman had been predicting snow, but considering it had been 85 degrees for the high just 4 days before, we figured it would never even make it to the ground before melting! So when we awoke to a good 2-3 inches on the ground we were amazed. We have late church so the kids immediately grabbed all their snow gear from the basement and didn't even bother to get dressed before heading out into it they just put snow pants over their pj's. While they headed for snow pants, I headed for Christmas music! I haven't felt like listening to it yet this season (I am a good 3 weeks behind my normal schedule) since it has been so hot! But wow, I was in the mood now! I even made a video of the kids out playing with Winter wonderland in the background! I made a yummy breakfast including hot chocolate while they played and then after breakfast we all went back outside. Because the trees haven't even really turned colors yet let alone drop their leaves, we had to keep shaking all the snow off to prevent broken branches. Randy and I headed over to Oma and Papa's because they were in Park City ( which received no snow by the way) and shook their trees as well. When we returned it had ramped up to blizzard level and this is when I took the photos. When it was all finished we had received 11 inches of snow! Incredible! Crazy news is forecast for all of next week: temps in the mid 70's! I guess it won't last, but even as I type their is still snow on my beautiful green grass!

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

I love the pictures! I was in ward council when the kids got to play in the snow, so no pictures. Your Christmas music is a crack up! Jeff snuck the Christmas music in on Saturday, so I blamed the early snow on him. I just love October too much to play Christmas music yet.

Brady&Wendy said...

Oh my gosh! That is a ton of snow... We got some but not that much! We went out to play in it too. I love your pictures... I'm excited to see everyone this weekend!

cthanks said...

Wow, Your family has grown up. Your kids are darling. I can't remember the last time that we saw them. It sounds like you are all doing well. It is so neat to be able to keep in touch this way. Talk to ya soon.

Tresa