Friday, March 27, 2009

spring or not to spring!






















Are we done with winter or what! Are those scientists sure we are experiencing global warming? I don't remember too many March 20 somethings that have lows in the teens and highs in the 20's! I know it often snows even in April, but bone chilling wind and snow that stays more than a day is not normal, is it? I love the end of March it makes me really excited for Spring. My friend Devri's crocuses are blooming and her other bulbs are almost ready, when I see them I can't help but smile! Our bulbs are just babies (I planted them in the fall) so they are a little slower, but clumps of green are poking out of the ground all over the place. I can't believe it has been 2 years yesterday since we moved to our new house. We love it here and feel so blessed. It is also Reed and Angela's Anniversary this week and I love that too, we have lots of fun memories from their wedding! Easter is coming, General Conference is next week, everything is so good! Out here in the country it is so fun to drive past the huge fields of cows and see more babies every day! Zoe, Sawyer and I try to count all the new little calves with their spindly legs and then we try to guess which cows are still pregnant, a little hard to do as we fly by at 50 mph. Our neighbors across the street have new baby chicks that are so sweet! We just try not to think about how big and chickenish they will get in a few months and relish in their sweet yellow fluffiness and their soft little peeps! Oooh, I love spring!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Those are my favorite pictures! There is one blessing of having baby chicks across the street. They provide great photo shoots!
I hear you about spring. It isn' fair to get warm one week and then snow for the next!