Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Anniversary!







February 10th was our 13th anniversary! How can it have been that long ago? It feels more like 5-7 years. I am so thankful for my amazing husband I can't imagine my life without him. I am going to copy a friend and make a list of some of the great qualities that Randy has so here are the top ones:
Randy is- an incredible handy man, we joke and call him "Handy Randy" he can do just about anything he puts his mind to including but not limited to finish carpentry, sprinkling systems, plumbing repair, electrical work, cement work, car repair and maintenance, electronic repair, painting, sheetrock, framing, etc.
Randy is- not afraid to do things that traditionally are womens work, obviously all his hairstylist skills, but he can also use a sewing machine, design a pattern, wash dishes by hand, clean a bathroom like noone I know, rock and sing to a baby and buy tampons with out a second thought

Randy is- not afraid to try new things and learn new skills. He took up Wakeboarding several years ago without knowing how to swim very well and without owning a boat, he took a class and reupholstered our couch, he has learned how to dutch oven cook, how to lay tile, how to roof a house, how to build a fence, he takes every opportunity to gain more knowledge from people.

Randy is- a great father. He loves to play with his kids and loves to work with them as well. They all know that if Dad can just get something accomplished on Mondays then he is usually up for some sort of play. He is great to bring home little treats or suprises for everyone when they least expect it. He makes up fabulous bedtime stories that all the kids look forward to, the big as well as the little.
Randy is- kind and generous with his time. He is always thinking of ways that he can help others whether it is snow shoveling or just being a friend to someone who might need it. He is quite often busy doing things for other people, but never forgets to count the cost on his family first.

Randy is- a thoughtful husband. He wakes up in the morning and will rub my back to loosen it up without being asked, in fact, I think he does this because his back hurts in the morning so he thinks mine probably does also. He is so supportive of me in my callings at church and with my school work. He makes dinner, does laundry and cleans the house on mondays so that I can spend the entire day studying. He tells me he loves me several times a day and if the kids mouth off to me, he quite adorably tells them that I am his wife and they had better not speak to me that way!
Randy is- tall and strong and handsome. All the more so because of the wonderful qualities he has. He loves to throw parties, to laugh, to camp, to watch movies, to ride the 4 wheeler, to boat, to garden, to work hard and to play hard. He is a fantastic person and one I want to be more like. He is my best friend and my love forever! Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful tribute. I remember remodeling Randy's room in our Chula house together. That week I learned that its not easy removing wall paper. Congratulations to you both on your anniversary!

Mills Family said...

Happy "late" anniversary! What a great post! I love your wedding picture!

Brady&Wendy said...

You guys are the greatest... Brady and I always talk about how we want our family to be like yours... I just don't know how you do it all! Congrats on the 13yrs!