Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!
















This year I spent Valentines Day with many of my favorite valentines! We had a little party at our house with Oma and Papa and Brady and Wendy and the boys! We had a great pasta bar and Papa brought Marie Callendar pies for dessert. The girls spent time decorating the house and planning out games and they turned out to be the best part of the evening. Addison had played this game at school the day before and it was so fun! You try to pick up candy hearts with a straw while the rest of the table takes a turn rolling the dice and when you get doubles you get to suck up the candy until someone else gets doubles! Needless to say things got a bit exciting and it was great to see my little 3 yr old nephew Carson be just plain amazing at picking up the hearts! I can't remember who won, but everyone had a great time! Then we played bingo and after that sent the kids to one TV to watch Cheetah Girls 3, while the grownups watched Nights in Rodanthe! I picked it up thinking romantic chick flick perfect for Valentines but when the main love interest ended up dead I can't say it was my favorite! I should have known better, Nicholas Sparks likes his books to either begin or end with a death, sure wish this one would have started with one! Anyway, I think this was a great way to spend Valentines rather than waiting 2 hrs for a seat in a restaurant or getting to the movie just in time for it to be sold out! Both of which we have done numerous times on Valentines so this was definitely better!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Your house does seem to be the place to party! What a fun Valentine's Day! I loved "Nights in Rodanthe", but I had read the book before, so I knew what to expect. Did I tell you Jeff thought is was, "Knights of Rodanthe", when he went to the movie theater with me?